Sunday, October 29, 2006

You'll put someone's eye out


I actually just said those words - "you'll put someone's eye out" - in all seriousness and with no forethought. I am officially a mother.

I was coming down the stairs with both babies, having blissfully slept in until 8 (it's the new 9, I love daylight savings), and I caught sight of my little angels just as angel #2 drew a bead on angel #4 with his plastic bow and arrow and let fly. He missed, thank goodness, but it was dangerous enough to inspire the mommyphrase above.

I stripped the oldest two boys of obvious weapons, so they moved on to rolling golf balls at each other from across the room. Sounds safe and within the rules (no throwing in the house), but #2 is rolling the ball so fast it is actually rolling UP #3 when it gets to him. I just had to tell #2, "this is not skee-ball." At least that's not one of those inane-to-children phrases like "you'll put someone's eye out."

ETA: I loathe Blogger. I've been trying to post this forever (well, like 10 minutes, but it's just a click, so technically I think 10 minutes counts as forever). Mercifully, Blogger did not eat my post - it saved it so I can view it, it just refuses to let me share it with the world. Okay, that's off my chest - back to pushing "publish post" a few hundred more times.

0 comments: