Thursday, October 26, 2006

No new washer, but otherwise this is a great day

Tivoli's visits always inspire me to new heights of sloth. She is both competent and biddable, so I reduce myself to doing virtually nothing except directing (I am one hell of a director). Just this morning, when the appliance delivery people came and discovered that our *%&#ing new washer doesn't fit through our basement door, I waved my hand and Tivoli disassembled the doorframe and stair rail so they can attempt redelivery tomorrow. I am excellent at the hand wave. I think I was meant to be royal and was merely misdelivered myself.

Tivoli also inspires me to hysteria. When I am with her, I laugh so hard that I very nearly pee myself, but then I sit down to blog the funniness and somehow it's not as funny written out. For example - in the car, I was telling her about the new dining room table, and she said she thought I could have built one myself. I said, "thank you, I'm glad someone believed in me - after all, what's a table but a slab of wood and 2 legs." She very kindly pointed out that a table really needs a minimum of four legs, and I think that's when she began to rethink her confidence in my carpentry abilities. Whatever, I was going to get a book about designing tables anyway, not that it matters now that I already bought a new one. The point is, both of us were doubled over with laughter at this conversation, but the humor doesn't really translate.


I just got an automated phone call to confirm that I received my new phone directory. Really, this is necessary? Okay. Off to enjoy my fabulous day. Nice weather, kids in school, chicken already in the oven for chicken salad for lunch (Cole taught me the best chicken salad ever, and I make it incessantly), and girls' night out tonight. Yay, alcohol! AND, my girly is in the fabulous new diaper, so here is a belated picture to wrap up the post:

0 comments: