Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Justin's turn for a day off

My five year old woke up with a fever and a sore throat, so it's his turn to lie around and be pampered. I'm really glad I was so lazy yesterday, I feel like I recharged my batteries a little, just in time for 4,398 consecutive board games. Actually, I really enjoy him when he's a little sick, is that wrong? Not that I want him to feel bad, but when he's just a little sick, he tends to be more cuddly and quiet and calm. I do tire of the board games, though.

So, another low-key day here (read: still in pajamas at noon. again.). Justin has discovered a shape puzzle game that has held his usually fleeting attention for an unprecedented length of time, and he actually sat still long enough for me to read him 27 pages of Farmer Boy. I've just turned on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in a mother-of-the-year-style preemptive strike against inevitably impending requests for Noggin inanity. The dog (well, it's not really a dog, it's a chihuahua) is spending his day in pure bliss, barking at the frightening hole in the hole of our bathroom-in-progress, confirming our suspicions that ROUSes are living within. And I'm not proud of this, but the highlight of my day so far has been receiving four cloth diaper covers to go with the great Mother-Ease diapers we received from our friend Gina. Who knew diapers could be so fun? Or that describing my decidedly uneventful day could result in so many links per paragraph?


And now, just because I'm so happy to have my camera again, here are a few pictures from our day o' sloth (like that's even a special occasion around here):




Poor sickie-poo, before the advil kicked in.







3 year old, wearing his fabulous new-to-him lego ensemble and "entertaining" boy twin (boy twin is leery of such entertainment but is toughening up nicely).









Prettiest pretty princess. I wish fat looked this good on me.





Oh, and one more thing - happy birthday, Sal!

1 comments:

cole edwards said...

I showed Alden the pictures and all she could manage due to cuteness was squeaking. and pointing. and smiling.
xxoo