Sunday, October 29, 2006

Exhibit Y in the case against my mother's sanity


This just in from my mother, apropos of, well, nothing:

"You know the inane toilet paper pack in the downstairs bathroom?"

Oh dear, she just retrieved the toilet paper pack in question to emphasize her point, which she has just summarized as "I have never seen anything stupider on a package." It has a "roll size guide" that shows, graphically, that a single roll = 1 roll, a double roll = 2 rolls, and a triple roll = 3 rolls. Okay, I'll grant you, it's not Tolstoy, but I'm not sure I'd waste a whole lot of brain power being offended by its simplicity. I'm sure the poor cubicle dwellers at Charmin are just trying to get through each day so they can go home and numb the pain of their jobs with alcohol. Not that I'm projecting based on my own corporate experience.

And before I post again, I must get the children cleanish and dressed in costume, as we are headed for the ZooBoo today. Should be fabulous, as are all adventures in the company of six only-semi-housebroken children.

1 comments:

cole edwards said...

I had a fabulous time. Lovely. Great weather. I love the babies. I also love how cute Morgan and my girlie are. I wonder how long the adoration will woo Morgan? She can always move on to the next oldest. BTW..Alden told me tonight that Ethan is "bad and no good" and that she can't play with him and doesn't like him. Out of the blue! I told her , "you love Ee-an" and she replied "NO, I DON't.He is bad." I asked her what she meant and how told her that and she said Morgan said she can't play with him. My daughter is very wishy-washy...she will do whatever she is told, by her friends only. I need Morgan to come over and tell Alden to stay asleep at night. sheesh.