Thursday, October 26, 2006

Diapers and other current events (yes, a diaper can be an event)

Hurray, Blogger is back! I wrote this last night but couldn't post forever. Imagine my frustration, not being able to publicly ramble about nothing the MINUTE I wanted to! And on with the show...

I got my ridiculously expensive, outrageously cute custom Fuzzi Bunz diaper in the mail today. I would include a picture, but a) I'm too lazy to take a pic and upload it right now and b) I can't even put it on a baby yet because our stupid washer is broken and our new really-well-warrantied washer doesn't arrive until tomorrow, so we're using disposables for now. Appliances hate me. So, take my word for it - this diaper is cute, much cuter than anything that is intended for poop control should be. It's super-duper soft, and really, really much more money than a person should spend on such a thing. But what am I going to buy, clothes for my own ass? There's not enough cloth. Anywhere. Sigh. I'll be the toga-wearing bowling trophy at my husband's high school reunion next weekend after all.

Tivoli's in town! We looooooove Tivoli. Besides her undeniable charm and beauty, she is incredibly useful and energetic, and has the magic voodoo secret to making my rotten children behave. She has already put together two dining room chairs and is scoping out the still-half-finished first floor bathroom. She seems to find it less charming than just plain low-rent to have no light at all in the bathroom so that you have to leave the door open or risk wiping your kneecap or earlobe instead of your...whatever needs wiping.

In other news, my father-in-law loves me soooooo much after our recent visit that he signed a comment to my husband's blog as "fil." Apparently, I am now the child, and my husband merely an in-law. I bet after I take his money in the football pool, my stock will fall again.

0 comments: