Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Gotta spend money to save money


Alternate title: At least it's not a dining room table

In my ongoing pursuit of both cost savings and creative outlet, I am following my mouse-clicking finger down a path of possible insanity. Now that the thrill of using cloth diapers has worn off a bit, I have discovered the adorable yet functional world of wool soakers, and I am going to try knitting some myself. At least I can knit without a) spending a fortune, b) cutting off anyone's limbs, or c) filling an entire room of the house with construction debris. And, these things cost over $20 each, but yarn to make one is only about $5. See? It's really a very sane alternative to furniture building. So, I have just placed an order for several skeins of yarn, and next week my loquacity may replaced with a knitting silence. I can't wait to post pictures of my vindication handiwork!


For the record, I have officially given up the dining room table dream for now, and we found a perfectly lovely, serviceable, and not-too-expensive table at Ikea, which we plan to invite into our family this weekend. Of course, the prospect of new furniture is leading me to contemplate sweeping room rearrangements, which, if pursued, may cut into my knitting time. I did tell you I needed a hobby.

2 comments:

Megan said...

You could always start working on your handmade Christmas presents. Only 2 months to go! ;-)

Anonymous said...

that's my dining room table! me and thousands of other IKEA fans, but still! It's a good table, it's done right by us.

--jackie