Saturday, October 07, 2006

Free associating before bed

Animal Planet is running a special about Jeff Corwin. So far, the biggest shocker is that he's married. Really? He's literally singing show tunes to the animals. Married? To a woman? Okay then, whatever floats his boat. I'm just not sure he's totally found his authentic self yet, if you know what I mean. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Actually, he's pretty funny, I may have to start watching his show.

Miscellaneous updates - the rest of my day improved, after a craptastic beginning. I didn't really accomplish anything, but I rarely let that get in the way of considering a day a success. We did end up going out to breakfast, and the 5 year old and I both chilled out considerably after a healthy helping of grease. During breakfast, my husband very gently expressed his skepticism about my carpentry abilities. Like some of the commenters, he thought I should maybe start smaller than a dining room table. I'm easily swayed, so we have a date with Ikea tomorrow to look for an extension table that doesn't cost a fortune or result in me amputating something or burying the house in sawdust and curse words.


So, I still have not found my calling, but I'm feeling a little less urgent about it. In the meantime, I have a project. My step-daughter spent her afternoon moving furniture around in her room and has decided upon a "nature" theme (when asked what her previous theme was, she replied, "messy." Good to have that self-awareness, kiddo). I offered to paint nature-y murals on her walls, so I can begin obsessing over a design forthwith. Fortunately, this is something I can do while nursing, as my girl twin is the human leech and is shrieking pretty much every second she's not actively eating these days. She is sooo lucky she's cute. I got my camera back today (I had left it at a friend's house), so I can show you...
















Couldn't you just eat her up?

0 comments: