Sunday, October 08, 2006

Things I should be doing

In no particular order:

1 - Cleaning my house. Exhibit A, a picture of the pile of dirt I swept in just the kitchen this afternoon. Truly, we are animals.







2 - Ridding myself of the lingering specter of the preschool that died. Despite the fact that we closed the school in freaking February, I am still corresponding with the IRS and the workman's comp people. Out, out, damn...um, school. Not as catchy as the original, but I need an exorcism or something to shake this thing.

3 - Sending out the rest of my birth announcements, before the twins are in high school. They already barely resemble the pictures I had printed for the announcements.





I am totally postally impaired.

4 - Sorting through my 3 year old's clothes. I got a ton of really great clothes for him for fall and winter from generous friends, but I can't fit most of them in his dresser because of the backlog of too-small, weather-inappropriate crap clogging the drawers. My husband found a pair of 6 month pants in there today, no joke.

5 - Situps. I am a manatee.







I'm sure there are more, but five is a nice round number. If I don't stop now, I'll have to push on to ten, and then I'll really feel overwhelmed. Besides, I have all the sitting and ice cream-eating and Amazing Race-watching to get back to, and I don't want to fall behind on those critical tasks.

3 comments:

cole edwards said...

I love manatees.
xxoo

Gina said...

i love manatees who eat ice cream and watch reality tv. we should have a reality tv pajama party!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you to run, not walk, to get the swiffer vacuum-thingie. It picks up all kinds of things like pet hair and feathers (I had issues with our featherbed, don't ask). It's easier than pulling out a real vacuum and you just keep it plugged in - plus I'm betting the boys will think it's fun and you could con, um I mean let them, pick stuff up for you. And I swear that I did not receive any payment for endorsing it (even though they should pay me since I've been raving about it to everyone...)