Monday, October 02, 2006

Woohoo, 100 posts!

That wasn't going to be this post's title, but I'm easily distracted. 100 posts! That's sort of like actually writing, right?

This will be random and short. We're all on the mend, and I'm starting to sleep a bit, but not enough yet to be coherent or creative, and certainly not both at once. I was thinking about posting earlier, but realized that all of the topics I could think of involved sleep (specifically, the lack of said priceless precious item), poop (and the absolutely fascinating yet revolting effect of antibiotics on same), and children's whininess (really, that one just speaks for itself). I decided to spare you all my thoughts on those topics, aren't you grateful?

I was moved to post by my new favorite TV show, Studio 60 (what, I should try reading or something, to start a thoughtful discourse?). I love Aaron Sorkin. Of course, I'm going to get this line wrong because it's been like 10 minutes since I heard it, and I'm too lazy to rewind the Tivo - ah, screw it, I rewound it after all. Matthew Perry's character was writing political humor and, when criticized for only mocking the Republicans, he said "I'd be happy to take shots at Democrats, too, if only one of them would say or do something." Yes! Seriously, I love Aaron Sorkin. I want to be him.


My focus is divided, as the show is still on and I'm using the part of my brain not paying attention to the show to squirm mentally about the emails I just sent to loved ones pimping overpriced crap for my son's school fundraiser. I love the school and it really does need the money, but I hate fundraisers. I hate being accosted for them and I hate accosting others. Does saying I hate it let me off the hook for doing it anyway? I'm such a pimp.

Lastly, I'm in a Last Man Standing football pool thing, which is ludicrous, as I know almost literally nothing about football. My pick for this week is the Philadelphia Eagles, one of my favorite teams just by virtue of my in-laws' long and passionate of love of them. They're cutting it a little close at the moment, with a teensy little 1-point lead. Oooh, I think I helped them with my mind - as I typed that, they got a touchdown. Sometimes I scare myself. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES! My children all learned that cheer as soon as they learned to talk. Go Eagles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Studio 60 is my favorite new show (followed by Ugly Betty). Woo hoo!

Gina said...

I love Studio 60 too!

Anonymous said...

Did you see how bad the ratings have been for Studio 60? Should we start a write in campaign now??