Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am, after all, in the dairy business myself these days


I love me some Dairy Queen. I love the fluffy nutritionlessness of it all. I love that there are like 4 things there that I love almost equally, which sets up a delicious (get it?) tension for me at the order counter (one of my quirks is that I have one thing that I get at each of most eateries, and I rarely vary it). I love that I have really strong childhood memories of going to DQ with my parents and little sister before my parents got divorced, although one time we were eating outside and did witness a fairly horrific accident involving an unhelmeted motorcyclist and a car.

My husband is very patient with me, and he just said yes with a resigned air when I suggested going to DQ tonight after soccer practice as a treat "for the kids." I mean, they do like ice cream, so it's not a total lie, right? It almost would have been worth going even if I didn't have ice cream myself, just for the 30 times my 3 year old hugged me and said, "thank you for the ice cream, Mommy." He's usually not very physically demonstrative. Of course, I did have ice cream, so that was, you know, the icing on the cake. Or the whipped topping on the large hot fudge sundae with peanuts. Yum, yum.

I was totally born with the wrong genes. Thinness is wasted on the non-Dairy Queen worshipers. Doesn't that word look like it needs two Ps? Hate words that look wrong. I also hate Vincent D'Onofrio - House is on hiatus and we're reduced to watching whichever train wreck of a Law and Order variety features this moron. But I love Dairy Queen more than I hate weird words and bad actors. And so ends tonight's one-note song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, ice cream. Not so much fond of the soft serve though. Give me some Ben & Jerry's or Marble Slab. Uggh, baby won't stop crying. Forget ice cream, bring me wine....

Gina said...

how can you not love mr. mind kung- fu??? he's totally cute!