Saturday, September 02, 2006

Missing: Wisdom Nuggets

My husband and I went out (alone! with no children!) today to see a movie and we stopped at a bookstore to pick up my next book club book. I hadn't really been feeling restless to escape the house yet but had a wonderful time, and thought of a ton of stuff I wanted to blog about (not least of which is the realization that I think a lot more, and a lot more clearly, when I am not around my children). Because my memory has been failing me of late, I used my handy-dandy cell phone message recorder feature to record several thoughts for later blog use. Sadly, as I recorded the last of them on the way home, I realized that I had misunderstood the handy-dandy cell phone message recorder feature in a fairly fundamental fashion and had not, in fact, actually saved any of my thoughts. Damn.

So, many of my wisdom nuggets (so dubbed by my husband) have been lost to this audience. I know you're all as disappointed as I am, though you're probably less likely to lie awake tonight trying desperately to summon them. I'm sure none were very important, but I struggle against the atrophying of my memory and find a sense of victory in each memory found that I had lost. I remind myself of poor Charly in
Flowers for Algernon, knowing that I used to be smart and sadly fearful that I will never be again.

I did write down the thoughts I remembered, so I have some fodder for future posts, but as usual this has been interrupted about 30 times by the insane, demanding, small people I created, so this is it for now.

2 comments:

cole edwards said...

I couldn't get the other one to work...it just kept deleteing so I took it as a sign. another day?

xxoo Cole

Anonymous said...

Flowers for Algernon - funny, funny, FUNNY! You are sharper than you think. Postpartum I would write things on my hands and arms and later have no idea what they meant. It will get better, I promise.