Thursday, September 28, 2006

Boobs, don't fail me now


My poor twins are very sad little sacks tonight. They've been fairly stoic about the sniffling and coughing, but tonight they are both abruptly very tired of it, and they are expressing their fed-uppedness very loudly. My husband walked into the living room a little while ago to find all three of us sobbing in unison on the couch, and it wasn't even the kind of crying that makes things feel better. Sucky virus. Worst of all, for me, is that they aren't eating very well, so my secret weapon against the whine has been neutralized. My mom and husband have a whole repertoire of tricks for shutting them up (I mean, comforting the wee beasties), but I pretty much rely on the "stick-a-boob-in-his/her-mouth" soothing method, so I'm at a bit of a loss now.

Speaking of hapless family members, my father-in-law just today emailed the following:

Too bad you are skipping over the breastfeeding stories – my therapist told me I was growing, mentally, because I was reading all those stories and not overreacting to them.....

He cracks me up. And here I am, posting about the boobies again. Sorry, Sal!

1 comments:

cole edwards said...

Oh sweetie.

Duct tape, ear plugs and liquor.

Also, it is raining and Keith can't just put Sabrina outside.

I reccomend a nice hot bath with them. IT will relax all of you and help with their sniffles.

I am sorry. Damn petri dishes, I mean children.