Thursday, September 07, 2006

My current conundrum


I'm one of those rare people that actually enjoys doing taxes. Last year, I considered taking
H&R Block's tax preparation class so I could pick up a little extra money (and mental stimulation) during tax season, but I ended up going to Italy instead (not a bad tradeoff, really). The class is back in session starting next week, and I just remembered it, so now I have to make a decision quickly. Not so much my forte. I attribute my congenital indecisiveness to my Piscean nature, but my husband scoffs at all things zodiac, so maybe there is a more deep-seated reason.

So, what to do? I'm so tired I find myself having to think about breathing, and leaving the twins for a few hours at a stretch involves pumping and bottles, which is a pain in the ass, but I've been wanting to do this for quite a while and it would be nice to have something non-child-related to think about for a few hours a week. It would be nice to have a potential source of a little extra income at tax-time, too. I'm not too worried about the academic portion of this undertaking, as my intellectual vanity leads me to believe I can pass without too much trouble despite my severely compromised mental faculties, but the sheer effort entailed in getting up and out of the house and then staying somewhat alert for an entire class seems like it might tax (ha, tax, get it?) my meager resources.

Yeah, I don't know. Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Megan said...

Good Lord, girl! I say you tell everyone you're taking the class and just go to a day spa instead. Or Arizona. It's lovely that time of year. :-)

Anonymous said...

Woman, do it! Don't let that beautiful brain of your atrophy more than it already has, for heaven's sake.

Anonymous said...

Jeff is right--do it! Mom

Anonymous said...

Seeing as how I just bought a house and will need you to ferret out tons of cash-ola for me next year I think it's a great idea, but only because it will fill a hole in your life. Not because it will help me. That would be self-serving...I should get a humanitarian award or something for being so thoughtful....

MamaNiger said...

I think you should do it if you really want to. Although I won't be employing your services since I am a control freak about things like taxes and will only do them myself.

jackie said...

I'm all for staving off brain atrophy, so if you think you can handle it, go for it! I started teaching again when my girls were six months old, for the same reason-- I could feel my brain withering and it didn't feel good!

I know not everyone feels the same way, but if you do, go for it.