Thursday, September 14, 2006

Do you believe in signs?

Despite what my husband thinks, I don't really believe in signs. BUT, if I did, I would give up on the internet. It is clearly against me. That and/or my brain has atrophied to the point that any attempt to do anything requiring any thought at all is officially ill-advised.

I decided not to do the tax class this year in favor of trying to do some writing, on the premise that writing would be more flexible and more what I really want to do anyway. In an effort to find a starting point for said writing, I had the genius idea to start a new blog specifically for information and anecdotes about being the mother of twins. I thought I could put up a few articles, add an adsense ticker thing, and see if I could generate enough traffic to maybe make a few dollars. Build up my confidence, get some writing practice, maybe even make a couple bucks.


Sadly, my plan has already gone awry. I spent every free second I had today (not many at a time, but cumulatively quite a chunk) putting together a starter blog on wordpress that I was pretty happy with. I showed it off triumphantly to my husband, then read the fine print - no ads allowed on wordpress. Apparently, they are morally opposed to internet-leech-wannabes like me. Damn them and their principles.

So, I'm starting over on blogger. What do I have to lose, except of course free time I don't have. And maybe self-respect. If I ever get it off the ground, I'll let you all know.

To rub salt in my internet wound, I totally had a good idea for a post today in the car and have naturally forgotten it entirely. My brain is a sieve. Or...pause for image incentive...swiss cheese.













Mmmm....cheese.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are off to a good start in your advertising already:

Behold! The Power of Cheese!