Friday, August 04, 2006

We interrupt this whine...


I know, everyone will think this is a guest blogger if the whole post isn't one big rant, but I have to brag about my excellent morning. I got up at 7:45 (unheard-of-early since the twins arrived and rendered me nearly nocturnal) and in the next 45 minutes got all four children dressed, fed, and in the car (having first rearranged car seats) to take biggest boy and his friend to camp. This may not seem like a huge accomplishment to the uninitiated, but I've achieved less in more time with just my two eldest (sort of sad, but true), and this was my first time getting out of the house entirely on my own with all four. So, TAAA-DAAA. Thank you, thank you very much.

I then returned home and the basement power went out. Instead of reverting to helpless-female type and calling my husband, I ventured into the (dank, dark, disgusting) basement and fixed it mySELF. So there, cosmic forces that have been against me this week. I am woman, hear me - well, not roar, but at least I'm not just whimpering, either. Except when I have to nurse on the right side. That still stings a bit.

0 comments: