Tuesday, December 19, 2006

They like me, they really like me

I know this makes me a dork (like it's the only thing that does, ha), but I'm always a little surprised when my kids show a really strong preference for me over other people. I mean, I love them more than anything, but why do they love ME so much? There are definitely nicer moms out there - my kids even know some of them - but still they choose me, to show off their block towers or Christmas songs or silly faces.

For that matter, why do I love them so much? I'm sure there are other kids in the world who are smarter, prettier, quieter (god knows) than my kids, but I like mine best of all the children in the world. You really do just jump through the looking glass when you have kids, to a world where logic and reason take a back seat when they make it on the bus at all.

I really, really, really need to clean my house. Stupid dirt.

1 comments:

Gina said...

hey, you still have an unredeemed baby twin gift from me, and i am on vacation next week, so i can come clean for you for a few hours! seriously!