Monday, December 04, 2006

I am a shadow of my former self

Not physically, of course - physically, I am my former self plus like a linebacker or something (and not one of those fit linebackers - one of the ones who eat for whatever football people do instead of spring training - I only know baseball, but those guys aren't fat enough for this comparison). But whatever is actually me - personality or whatever - that seems to be fading into greys and blacks. My poor three year old just said "mom, laugh at me," instead of the more traditional "mom, look at me," because I'm about as flat and lively as a pancake. Mmmm, pancakes.

So, since I'm whining anyway - my car won't start this morning. I hereby officially advise you to never, ever consider purchasing a piece of shit Chevrolet Venture minivan. I loathe our van, and the loathing began four years ago in just this fashion. It wouldn't start when it was cold. After only 3 or 4 times, the crappy fixit people figured out it was an electrical problem. They fixed it and boom, our windows no longer rolled down. We lived with that until spring, decided we needed fresh air, and had it fixed - boom, no more TV. That damn thing was expensive and our children are wretched on car trips, so we got it fixed and (you guessed it) BOOM, no brake/reverse lights. We tried several times before the warranty ran out to have those repaired, but no luck. Just last week, we made one more effort - $365 later, the lights work! And now...the car doesn't start when it's cold. Tadaaaaaaa. Naturally, Chevy says there has been no link between all of these electrical problems, and that it is mere coincidence that something breaks every. time. they fix something. Stupid American cars. I think we should prop up the car manufacturers with tax breaks! Oh, wrong topic.


Also, my three year old has become a violent terror and I may be getting a breast infection. And, just in case you could not tell from my perky demeanor, I'm still not sleeping.

0 comments: