Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Looking for the good in my boy twin

I'm reaaaaaaally reaching here, but in an effort to go beyond mere holding-on-by-my-fingernails tolerance of my youngest, loudest child to actual positive feelings, here is a brainstorming list of why it is actually a good thing that he does nothing all day and all night but scream:

1) His lungs must be phenomenally strong - that has to be good for his health, right?
2) I don't ever need to worry that he won't speak up for himself. It's sort of his defining characteristic.
3) Similarly, no worries about him being the strong silent type and suppressing his real feelings.
4) We can take him on the road as the amazing chameleon baby - his skin turns red and his eyes turn green.
5) He has made it a LOT easier to come to terms with not having any more children.

Okay, that's all I've got. It's 8:15am, and I have used up all of today's patience. Hell, I've used up all of 2007's patience. Who knew babies could BE so wretched???

0 comments: