Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days

Today sucked some serious ass, but ended really, really well. Things that sucked:

  • Boy twin and his incessant whining.
  • The 3 year old and his oblivious resistance to listening. And that he wet himself again.
  • The involuntary time travel from winter to muggy, sweaty summer, with no pause for spring.
  • The almost-full bottle of salad dressing that fell and exploded all over my kitchen floor and diaper bag.
  • The Gucci bitches at the zoo who shoved my double stroller with 2 sleeping babies out of the way so they wouldn't have to fold up their empty Maclarens while they carried Gareth and Poopyschmoop onto the tram.
  • The frightening person who tried to push past me into my son's school at 6pm, clearly without a legitimate reason to be there. Thank god he was not armed.
  • My son's school itself. I am deeply, deeply annoyed that I am still having to think about school options.
And then the good - I picked up my new minivan! Yes, it's a minivan, so I can't say it's cool, but it is about 4 zillion times better than my old car. It's got some kind of space warping going on, where it seems normal-sized from the outside but is gigantic on the inside. It seats 8 and has huge amounts of storage space and does not smell like donkey balls. I love it! Of course, now I feel guilty about getting it, because American Idol is going all humanitarian on me, but I'm sure I'll move past the guilt in time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our Sienna...never saw the 8 seater, very cool. Do you have like 5 thousand cup holders too??