Friday, April 27, 2007

I annoy myself

I have been fighting a losing battle with my own grouchiness lately, and I'm sick of it. I want to just react to things normally, without running everything through a filter of hormones and illness and blowing it out of proportion. I have wasted a ridiculous amount of time and energy obsessing about my 5 year old's school lately. It is run by a flock of complete fucking idiots, but his experience has been almost entirely good, so why do I get my panties in such a twist? And now, to top off my own self-annoyance, I just had a conference with his teacher. He's doing well, progressing fine, right on track, and in the middle level group, ability-wise. Which is, you know, exactly what I want for my kids, what I dreamed of myself growing up as a freakish savant who wanted nothing more than to be average. And I know that he is average, academically, so it's not like I think she's wrong. So WHY am I upset? I am deeply irritating.

I'm on day two of antibiotics for the sinus infection that has taken over the entire right side of my head. Certainly my outlook on life will improve dramatically once I no longer feel like my right eyeball and top molars are all moments away from leaping from my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flock of idiots. hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Except that your (as you refer to him) five year old will be six years old in 4 days!