Monday, April 09, 2007

Lazy posting

I keep thinking of posts and not typing them, so here's a very un-fleshed-out stream-of-consciousness list of some of them:

1) Yarn, and why I love it.
2) My progressing midlife crisis regarding a career. To work or not to work? To be creative or productive or save the world?
3) Babies, and how they are infinitely cuter when they sleep. I started to write that one yesterday morning, after they went a record ELEVEN HOURS (that's not just a record, it's nearly twice the previous record), but of course they slept for shit last night, so I can't call it a trend. I can, however, call that a runon sentence.
4) Easter math, and how you can not fit 6 bags of candy into 12 plastic eggs. You can, however, fit 2 bags of candy into one overstuffed me in about 30 minutes.
5) Spring break, and why it is a conspiracy by the school systems to make money for the mental institutions. It is Monday, and I'm about to start taking odds on which of us, if any, survive the week with big boy home from school and at very. loose. ends.
6) Taxes, and why they are awesome. My friend is letting me do her taxes and I'm having a ridiculously good time with them. Totally cheered me up after my suckass day of bad children and worse parenting.
7) Illness, and why I am oh so over it. My husband now has a fever of 101, and it will really suck for him to have to miss a day at his still-new job, where he is still fighting a bunch of fires left by the last schmo.
8) Consulting, and why I definitely do NOT want that to be my career choice. I fixed that RPC over HTTP thing two weeks ago, after getting calls and emails approximately once every 30 minutes from the client, checking on status. Guess how many times they've contacted me since I got it working? Guess!

There are more, but I'll spare you for now. That ought to hold everyone over for a while. Anyone want to vote on one or more for me to expand upon? Or should I stick to knitting and taxes?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I just love you OCD as it works for me! Just make sure nothing adds up to 13!

xx