Thursday, April 05, 2007

9 months old


I'm sure some of you already know this story - a couple months before I got pregnant with the twins, my then-4-year-old found my basal thermometer and asked what it was for. I told him it was to help me have a baby, and he said "you're going to have TWO babies, and we will call them Twinser and Twinser." Of course, I told him that usually babies only come one at a time - so imagine our surprise at that first ultrasound when we saw these little monkeys hanging out like a little tadpole gang.

Our little Twinser and Twinser are 9 months old today. It's amazing how fast they change at this age - it seems like they started sitting up one day and the next day they were off like a shot. They crawl in tandem across the living room, then look at each other as if to say, "now......BREAK," then split up and crawl furiously in opposite directions. I haven't caught on to their evil genius yet, and one of them almost always makes it to the dog food before I corral the other one. Boy twin is pulling up on everything (which reminds me, I really have to lower his crib mattress), and girly is setting land speed records for mischevious crawling.

This picture is from tonight. As I tried to wrestle monkey-girl into a diaper, I was distracted for all of 3 seconds and turned my head back to discover her knee-deep in my knitting basket, waving needles and yarn and very, very pleased with herself. Boy took the opportunity to hide behind her and postpone banishment to his crib. Smart babies, and so grown up all of a sudden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see any picture?

I tried both my servers, Safari and Firefox?

Sounds cute though.

xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like all of that constant and round-the-clock breastfeeding has paid off. What adorable chunky-chunkies!