Friday, November 10, 2006

Wow, this is a boring post

What did I find to write about before the election? I'm just sure I'm capable of other thoughts than politics and other emotions than jubilation, but it's hard to remember what, exactly. Things in my own life carry on as normal, hardly note-worthy - two kids on antibiotics, one twin not sleeping, far too much sugar being consumed by me. We went out of town for my husband's reunion and I wore the shirt my fabulous friend Cole got me and it was just right, and we had a lot of fun. I didn't think someone else's reunion could be all that entertaining, but I met another wife who was a complete riot and just glommed onto her all night. This week, we went out to dinner with another couple, then the next night had a friend over for dinner, and tonight I'm meeting friends for drinks with no children. It's been a year now since I got pregnant with the twins, and I'd nearly forgotten the ordinary pleasures and irritations of regular life.

I've started two other posts, but both have fizzled before launch. I don't seem to have much focus. I'm happy but vague, and obviously not incredibly interesting. I have to post something, though, or I'll get in a rut, and I don't want to deprive you all of this level of excitement.

1 comments:

MamaNiger said...

Yes and we your loyal and faithful readers appreciate your effort to keep going.