Monday, November 27, 2006

The whiniest post alive

My posts seem to be tapering off. It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's that everything I have to say is whiny. Seems bad enough to inflict that on my long-suffering family, so I've been trying to avoid dumping it on the world at large. I can't tell if I'm really depressed or just hideously sleep deprived. Just when I was thinking this twin thing was manageable, my good sleeper stopped sleeping. So that makes, for those of you who, like me, are having trouble with basic math these days, two little people who don't sleep. At all, really. Parents aren't supposed to have favorites, and I don't, really, but I have a couple least favorites right now. Bet you can guess who they are!

I seem to be full of half-baked ideas. My mental dialogue (shouldn't one, in the ideal, have a mental monologue? I mean, how crazy do I want to be?) is on overdrive, skittering from one thing to another and thinking nothing through. I go from what's to lunch to what's for Christmas to an idea for a twin invention (I think this one might actually be something, can't lose it among the mental chatter) to the nagging list of things that must be done at some point to the imperative NOT to knock my kids' heads together even though they richly deserve it to the growing, desperate need for sleep. It always comes back to sleep. Without sleep, the rest of the noise is just going to have to remain noise. I'm actually losing the power of speech due to exhaustion, so energetic parenting, Christmas preparation, and tackling the to-do list will have to wait until what, 2009? when I'm a little rested.

Aren't you glad I broke silence? Are you not entertained???

3 comments:

jackie said...

This entry made me laugh out loud. So thanks for that!

cole edwards said...

Your crazy level is not really dictated by you any more. Spawn exponentially raises the crazy quotion and you have got spawn to the 6th degree. I think twins also count extra but I can't do the calculus for that.

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain and remember what that state was like. You really don't feel like you have control of who you are bc you have so little control of what you think. Everything goes too fast and too slow at the same time.

No happy mom, no happy family. I vote you make sleep the number one priority over xmas, cleaning, being nice to kids, and, if possible, hubby going to work.

Are you pumping at all?