Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Time Flies

Wow, it's been ages since I've written. I know you've all been sad. I've been knitting, somewhat obsessively, ever since my knitting stuff arrived on Saturday. My official claim is that we have no money for Christmas gifts (which is true), so I'm saving the family money and showing our affection for friends and family with thoughtful homemade gifts, but I fear the truth is more self-serving and indicative of incipient, if not actual, mental illness. I have a craft sickness - once I start something crafty, it's all I can think about and all I want to do until it's done or until I just burn out (usually the latter). Just writing this makes me itch to do more knitting. The current knitting madness specifically I attribute to the Yarn Harlot, whose blog I love and who inspires me to unhealthy levels of craftiness.

I've also been busy obsessively bargain hunting and coupon clipping, much to my husband's amusement. He can laugh, but I just got a $20 shirt for free and a nice computer desk for $30. So there.

0 comments: