Thursday, August 11, 2005

Target - the new Tiffany's

I went to Target this morning for a couple things (and actually only bought about $20 worth of stuff I didn't need - possibly a new record). I've been so happy since I left that it made me think of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's - love that movie. Since I don't live within walking distance of Tiffany's (though I do go there every time I go to New York, and yes it is a powerful mood stabilizer), I have decided that Target is my best local substitute. You just can't be sad at Target, surrounded by colorful, well-organized, reasonably priced things you don't know you need until you see them. I ration my Target trips, since you have to check your willpower at the door, but the deprivation just strengthens my affection.

I know I sound crazy to some of you (read: men), but I bet some of you are nodding in understanding. You are in my head, anyway, and that's all the support I need.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think large corporations should team with Target to set up some sort of direct deposit account from your paycheck. When you build up enough cash, they send you a gift card. It hurts less that way!