Thursday, August 25, 2005

Moderation, I know you not

Moderation is not really my thing - I'm very streaky (not in the alarming naked sense of the word, just that I obsess about something intensely for a brief period and then drop it cold). I have closets full of scrapbooking crap from my 6 month foray into scrapbooking 5 years ago. I have half completed craft projects of every description leaking out of closets and attics and wardrobes. I have books and articles scattered throughout the house on topics ranging from politics (given up as too hopeless) to investing (given up as too expensive) to tax code (not yet given up - I have an odd fascination with taxes). Point is, this whole blog-3-times-a-day followed by a week's silence is right up my alley. Especially as I've been busy feeding some other obsessions - knitting and the co-op preschool.

Knitting I know I've already mentioned, but you'll surely (ha! originally spelled that shirley, further proof that my brain is rotting) be impressed to learn that I have completed two entire items - a bag and a hat. I never finish ANYTHING, so this is huge. The preschool has been a major preoccupation this week, as I've had to preside (as I am the president, ha) over orientation meetings nearly every night. I'm not a nervous public speaker, but I am a little sloppy I think, and easily derailed from anything resembling a topic. Must focus at tonight's final meeting, end on a bang, etc.

So, just checking in. Off to print more materials for the preschool. Or work on the scarf I'm knitting. Or, you know, interact with my kids.

0 comments: