Thursday, August 04, 2005

Grocery shopping shouldn't be this fun

I am the grocery shopping master. Our cheeseball local grocery store is having an anniversary sale and so much stuff was on sale for $1 each. I took my 4 year old with me (my husband's home again today so I was able to go without the baby, thank goodness) and I'm glad I did, as I ended up with two full carts and the boy had to push one. Totally tacky reveal of shopping total - $161. So proud of myself. I just about bought out the meat dept - got 4 roasts, 3 huge packs of hamburger, chicken wings, breasts, legs ($.49/lb!), spareribs. I should never have to go to the store again, ever.

I'm sure you all wanted that kind of detail about my groceries. Still high from all the savings, and the fact that I seriously shouldn't have to shop again from ages, as I've basically brought the entire grocery store home.

Not as thrilled about the renewed Al Qaeda threats against London, as I will be there next month en route to Italy. Of course, I don't want anyone else scared or hurt either, my upcoming trip just makes it feel more personal. Why can't we all just get along? :)

0 comments: