Sunday, August 07, 2005

Christmas in August

I've been on self-imposed house arrest for most of the past two weeks due to a combination of extreme heat, extreme laziness, and a nasty summer cold that has been running through the family. What did people do at such times before there were laptops with wireless internet access? I can't imagine spending this much time lying on the couch with just television to entertain me. Of course, my eyes might not feel so puffy and sore if I hadn't just spent 48 hours staring at this screen.

Oh good grief, I actually had to look at the title to remember what I was planning on writing about. My brain is mush. So - during all of my online couch time lately, I've been getting tons of ideas for homemade Christmas gifts. We don't have much money right now, but I love Christmas and I'm all excited about getting started with these projects. How excited I'll be to finish them remains to be seen. I ordered a bunch of supplies and can't wait for them to get here. Too bad I'm going to be very busy catching up on housework once they arrive and won't have time to work on presents until the next time I get sick. I think my husband thinks I'm a little crazy to be getting worked up over Christmas when it's over 90 outside.

In other news - how freaking annoying is Ty Pennington? I swear, he could build me a new house and I'd still want to shove something in his mouth just to shut him up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'd really want to shove something in Ty's mouth after he and the crew leaves and your new house starts to fall apart because it was built. in. seven. days.

Oh, book recommendation- "Little Children" by Tom Perrotta. Read it before the movie comes out. He wrote Election also. So funny.

Anonymous said...

If only I could get close enough to Ty to shove something in his mouth...it would be a piece of me! :-)