Monday, January 15, 2007

What an annoying freaking day

I don't think days should be this annoying before 9am. Especially when I thought I'd be posting about how fabulous my baby twins are. My horrible sleeper, my boy who has never slept in his crib in the history of ever, slept in his crib all night. It was rough getting him down (I spent 2 hours in his room with him), but once he was down, he slept from 10-7:30 and only got up twice to eat. I sooooooooo hope that is a trend.

So, why am I so grumpy? Partly because I still feel like crap, partly because I still didn't get a ton of sleep (and I need an actual ton - I'd like to back a truck up to the sleep store and just pile it on), partly because I began the day with a peed-in bed and a misunderstanding, but mostly because of Dr. Martin Luther King. Now, don't get me wrong. I really, truly admire all he did for this country - not for one group of people but for all Americans, by exposing the elephant in the room, by showing us a better way to effect change, by starting the process (glacial though it may be at times) of changing not just people's actions but their words, thoughts, and feelings as well.

If I admire Dr. King so much, how am I blaming him for my grumpy day? Because his contribution was so large, the schools are closed today in his honor. Which means my five year old is home. Actually, he'd probably still be home anyway, as he is still snotty in every sense of the word, so maybe I'll pass on blaming Dr. King and just blame the boy directly. He is being huffy and obnoxious and whiny and oblivious to all attempts at correction or distraction and I am going to pull my hair out. Which would certainly be easier than washing it. Which I really need to do. It was a long weekend.

Also, it stinks of pee everywhere I go in this house, and since I never leave this house, I am always surrounded by the stink. The three year old has had more accidents this past week than since he potty trained, and the dog picks up where he leaves off, peeing on rugs throughout the house.

I'm sure there's more to bitch about, but I need to go lock someone in a closet. Don't call CPS yet, my #1 candidate is myself - a closet sounds like a welcome vacation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the annoyance of the holiday. That and President's Day. They should be IN school studying about MLK, that would honor him so much more. And make mothers around the country happy. Yawn. Was up with Roo all. night. long. Want big kid gone this afternoon. Yawn.

cole edwards said...

dude.

Anonymous said...

yeah!! sounds like it was just time for baby bootcamp! Sorry about big boy...