Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Kids say the darndest things

I want to post, clearly, but I have little to say. So here are some gems from the crazy little people who live here.

First - the five year old has recently taken over our old iPod shuffle. One of his favorite songs is Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" (he also loves Justin Timberlake, the boy was born for the top 40). With the earbuds in, his already loud voice reaches new peaks of loud as he shouts out what he believes to be the lyrics: "since you been gooooooooooone/I can't breed with a closed mind." Cracks me up every time.

Second - the three year old threw up in the car yesterday, thanks to his preschool's idea of a "healthy snack" (cookies and juice) followed by a one hour car trip. I asked him what happened (in a concerned mom voice), and he said "someone made it pour out of me."

Kids sure are dumb. Maybe that's the appeal - yes, my brain has been fried by parenthood, but I am still smarter than my offspring. Bigger, too. Plus I get to stay up late and eat chocolate whenever I want (though those are still probably not great ideas). Whee! I love being a grownup!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! I forgot to tell you, I did tell Miss Melma..

Justin and Spawn were jabbering away and they were talking about being older. Justin says, "My grandma is a teenager because she works from home."

Kay.

THEN, Spawn is telling me all about Justin's "baby man" . This is his imaginary frined that likes to faint because stuff hits him or is too heavy to lift because he is so small. To make "baby man" you take your first 2 fingers and hold them up and then make them dance around and crumple to faint. And that is Baby Man.

Hm. mm.