Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I think our house is on a nuclear waste disposal site

My five year old is a mutant. He's always been way off the charts for size, but it never ceases to amaze me how fast he grows. I just measured him (at his insistence), and he has grown between 3/4 and 1 inch since December. Yes, December of 2006. I quadruple checked, because I thought SURELY that couldn't be right, but yep, he really is that big. No wonder he's been so cranky!

He's actually seemed happier the last few days, meaning this is likely yet another example of how I'm overreaction-prone. I've decided to keep him at his current school for the rest of this year and reevaluate then. If I can't make an actual decision (and what else is new there), at least I can delay it.

I kept big boy home Monday because his teacher was absent (and I am not satisfied with the school's absent-teacher contingency planning), and then he had a weird, otherwise-symptomless fever last night, so he's home again today. Of course, now he seems completely fine and no longer has a fever. He and the 3 year old are actually getting along really well lately (knock on wood), and during my low points these last few days have cheered me up instead of making me feel worse. Odd, but I'll take it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A decision not to make a decision is a decision.