Monday, January 15, 2007

Golden Globes

I love the Golden Globes. When I lived in LA, my friends and I used to dress up and watch them on TV in our crappy cheap ghetto apartments. Here, they're not such a big deal, and I haven't seen more than one of the nominated movies in years (coincidentally, since I started having children), but I still love them. Now, however, I watch them in my sloppy mom clothes, with no product in my hair, no makeup on my face, and just my husband for company. My husband so does not appreciate how funny I am. For example, I was mocking the Cars guy for saying something like "life is a journey" - I said, "life is a highway, dude, you should want to ride it. All night long." My husband made a very unamused face at me. Note, by the way, how the one category I have an informed opinion about is animated features?

In other news, I love love love (really, I am not exaggerating my feelings here) Hugh Laurie, and I truly hate Renee Zelweger's lemon-sucking look-at-me face. Oh, and Borat had better win, that is the funniest movie ever. That's all for now.





I should have named the twins Hugh and Laurie. Don't think it didn't cross my mind.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh..i thought he was just a phase..you know, the pregnant sex dream phase. So do you have a preference, with the accent or without, with the cane or without?