Monday, August 06, 2007

Self-flagellation


There's really no reason for me to share this picture with the world except to wallow in my own guilt and despair as worst mother in the world. This is what my poor big boy looked like when he woke up this morning. This is the result of him screaming for two straight hours at bed time last night. He screams EVERY night at bedtime, but this time must have been qualitatively different, from an opthamalogical perspective.


This can NOT be normal. Seriously, why???? WHY??? He's six years old. He's had to go to bed every night of his life. Why is it still this awful?
Editing to add: I don't think I was clear enough in my original post. We didn't hurt him, I promise! This is all just from crying. As you were.

5 comments:

MamaNiger said...

Yikes!!!

Anonymous said...

what does he scream about? just about going to sleep?

Anonymous said...

Yes, what does he want? To stay up, sleep with you? Does he know what he wants?

Anonymous said...

Super Nanny is taking applications for next season....

Anonymous said...

duct tape, ear plugs and liquor.
it is all I am saying.