Friday, August 10, 2007

Awesomest day ever

Well, that may be a bit of hyperbole, but it was a very, very good day. First, I had an interview to volunteer in the Shock Trauma department of the hospital where I want to go to medical school in a few years, and I'm in! and I start September 17. THEN, random weird social networking paid off in an unexpected way when I was informed of an open adjunct position at a local community college via a mom's list serv that I hardly even post to. I replied to the post yesterday, had an interview this morning, and got the job! It was quite gratifying to see how happy they were with my IT credentials and ability to speak in sentences (I sure fooled them) - I think they were really and truly desperate for teachers, as the quarter starts on 8/27. So, I'm a teacher, yay me! It's just 3 hours a week for 15 weeks and the pay's not bad (certainly better than the nothin' I'm getting for the oogy hospital work - my big boy said incredulously, "you're just doing it to be nice?" when I explained that I wouldn't be paid for my efforts). So, zero to two jobs in one rewarding morning. Look at me! Then, I took all four of my wee bits to the pool all by myself like a big girl and no one drowned either accidentally or on purpose, and I even like them all right now, at the end of the day. Wonders, not ceasing.

There are a lot of exclamation points in that paragraph. Run-on sentences, too. Be not afraid - I'm spending this entire weekend trapped in a car with my children, so my next several posts are likely to be written under heavy medication and possibly from some sort of institution. I just need to figure out a way to write out the feeling of "rocking in the corner like a mental patient."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Must hear more about the jobs!!

MamaNiger said...

Congratulations professor alioto and woman carrying blood to shock trauma. Are you gonna say, I need that stat! (you have to say it at least once on your first day).