Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Knowing It's Coming Doesn't Help

So. School started yesterday. I'm so weary from the afternoon of screaming we just endured/are enduring that I hardly know where to start. I knew that big boy's erratic behavior and violent mood swings would get worse while he adapted to the beginning of the school year, but somehow it's still nearly impossible to handle. He's screaming again, as I type this, and it makes my chest hurt. I'm not even annoyed with him, or at least not much, I know he's the only person feeling even worse than I am, I just don't get it. I know the schedule disruption is tough, but I swear this behavior would be extreme even if there were some sort of dramatic trauma involved, and there's so not.

God, it's impossible to think, or type, during this. I guess I'll go try again. I. Hate. This.

1 comments:

Gina said...

we just had a hellacious fit of screaming, thrashing, hitting, biting, name-calling and other assorted lovely behaviors. i feel ya. i feel scooped out.