Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Valentine's Day Shocker

Some of you may know that I am a big fan of the show House. It's not like I yell it from the rooftops or anything, but I may have mentioned it on occasion (true story - my mother went to pick up prescriptions for me the other day from a pharmacy I've been to only twice, and the pharmacist recognized our name and said, "oh, does your daughter have a lot of kids and love House?" I don't even remember talking to him about the show. I may need an intervention.). So, it may come as a surprise that I have an official new favorite show.

I would never have even known about Friday Night Lights on my own, probably. A show about small town high school football? Yeah, not so much my thing. I don't even know why my husband started watching it, but it was excellent from the beginning and has only gotten better. It is amazingly well written, with characters that feel true and deep and a town that really reminds me of my own home town. I just can't say enough about it, really, and finally I must concede that its excellence overcomes its HughLaurielessness. So, welcome to a new era, in which I go on and on and on about Coach Taylor and his wife (neither of whose first names I know, despite my love for them).

Hugh, if you're reading this (and I'm sure you are), don't take it personally. Your place in my heart is unchanged.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Eric and Tami according to IMDB.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Coach Taylor finding out that Matt assigned Julie to be QB1?? Loe that. Love me some Kyle Chandler. Sigh.

jackie said...

I've never seen the show, but the book and the movie are both really good too-- Tim McGraw has my respect as an actor forever, just for that movie, regardless of anything else he ever does.