Monday, February 19, 2007

Five Things People Don't Know About Me

I'm alive! Ish, anyway. I caught the plague from the evil twins (who are much better themselves, mercifully), and have spent the last few days whining and keeping Kleenex in business. I'm feeling marginally human, minus anything like sleep, so here I am!

Thank goodness Cole threw down this gauntlet, because I am running very low on blog subject matter that isn't related to sleep, infant illness, or the general suckassedness that is parenthood.

So, without further ado....Five Things People Don't Know About Me (this is going to be tough, I kind of let it all hang out, generally):

1) I love goofy phrases like "without further ado."
2) When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina and a princess and an ice skater when I grew up, and I had delusions of gracefulness that my parents humored by putting me in dancing and skating classes (apparently they were unable to find any princess classes). I can still do a very short, very graceless tap routine from when I was about 7 years old.
3) I have absolutely no knowledge of popular culture from before I was about 12. We were only allowed to watch PBS and didn't have an FM radio. I think my parents aspired to Amishness. This is turning into a "5 things you didn't know about my parents" post, whoops. Anyway, I have no frame of reference when my peers discuss movies and music from the early 80s.
4) I am afraid of cows and fish. Well, and spiders, but that's more mainstream.

5) My favorite color is yellow, but I only figured that out recently. I thought it was purple for a long time. I'm not big on self-knowledge.

Whew, thank goodness it was only 5 things, that was difficult. This made me realize I do not maintain an adequate air of mystery, and should maybe stop sharing my innermost feelings and deepest secrets with, say, the checkout clerk at the grocery store. But then who would brighten their day?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. and Appropo of....
4. Cows? Fish? Seriously? Really? Cows? Fish? To help set you mind at rest, Cows are really dumb. Really, really dumb. And they are usually behind a fence that is electrified. And fish, well, they are really small and stay in the water or they die. And you have a pet fish in your house that YOU told me that you played with once. But really, cows and fish? poor sweetie.

Anonymous said...

1. and Appropo of....
4. Cows? Fish? Seriously? Really? Cows? Fish? To help set you mind at rest, Cows are really dumb. Really, really dumb. And they are usually behind a fence that is electrified. And fish, well, they are really small and stay in the water or they die. And you have a pet fish in your house that YOU told me that you played with once. But really, cows and fish? poor sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I have been slightly afraid of fish since the great fish massacre of 2003. The blob was disgusting!

Anonymous said...

did you add ballerina, princess and ice skater to our "occupations list?" .... we must have an afternoon happy hour soon, I really want to see that tap dance.

Gina said...

I once went swimming somewhere near Long Beach, MS with my friend Patricia, and there were LIVE FISH swimming around us. I was NOT pleased with this. It was all kinds of creepy.