Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The lowest blow of all

Boy twin is officially getting his first tooth. I can see the bump and everything. On the one hand, it's nice to know there's a reason for his absolutely godawful horrible hideous wretched unbearable miserable beastly behavior. On the other hand, he has been screaming for most of the past 48 hours, especially the nighttime ones, and it's not as fun as it sounds. Last night, he slept between 1:30 and 6 in half hour increments, each of which was interrupted by a half hour feeding and screaming session. It's amazing how quickly no sleep ruins my whole outlook on life. This evening is shaping up to be more of the same, as he has woken up screaming exactly once an hour since going to bed.

And now, the ultimate insult - he is screaming through a new episode of House. A NEW episode. He's totally ruining my enjoyment of it, too. I'm thinking of lecturing him about how hideous my pregnancy was with him, to officially kick off the lifetime of guilt I plan on laying on his wee head.

How many teeth do kids get? This is going to be a long infancy.


0 comments: