Monday, February 19, 2007

Save Ruby!

One of the few shows my boys agree on is Max and Ruby. I make a concerted effort not to pay too much attention to kids shows, in an effort to preserve what little mental facility I have remaining, but this one has crept into my consciousness and is causing me no little amount of concern.

For those of you blissfully unaware of the premise of the show, it is about two bunnies (named, obviously, Max and Ruby). Ruby is the big sister, and she is in charge of little brother Max throughout every episode. I actually looked up how old they're meant to be - Ruby is 7 and Max is 3. There are no parents and the kids are always doing things like crossing town on a city bus or selling "bunny scout" cookies door to door with no supervision. This seems like trouble to me.

It's possible that I've given this a little too much thought, but don't say I didn't warn you if Bunny CPS comes and relieves poor little Ruby of her too-heavy-for-a-7-year-old burden, or if there's a Bunny Amber Alert after Max and Ruby are abducted while cavorting about town unattended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. And where are the Little Einsteins's parents while they are traveling the world on Rocket? And, Max is 3?? The child doesn't talk. Probably b/c Ruby talks enough for all bunnies everywhere.

Anonymous said...

The first time D watched it that is excatly what he said!

Gina said...

I have noticed the same thing...and how does she pay for the house???