Monday, August 25, 2008

If I were a religious person, I would be fearing for my family's souls

We are suffering through hour 6 of the Democratic National Convention, and we're all getting a little punchy. My mother has a 44 year history of watching the whole convention every 4 years, and this is the first one since she moved in with us, so it's a big week for all of us. She's actually Tivo-ing the whole thing, just in case we miss any of Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper's scintillating commentary. I'm really starting to understand why the Democrats keep losing. This couldn't be more soporific. I'm as enthusiastic about Obama as anyone, but I can't see this lineup of dullness, set to dull music, as inspiring anybody.

Oh, but my family's souls. We're watching the introductory video on Michelle Obama (who I really like but kind of fear), and her brother says, "we lost our father in 1991." Simultaneously, my husband says "we found him in 1995" and my mother says "and we've been looking for him ever since." I live with funny, but kind of wicked, people.

1 comments:

Keith said...

The only thing that's less interesting and inspiring than the Democratic National Convention surely has to be the Republican National Convention.
Bo.ring. I hope our TiVo still has my Cops on it or there'll be hell to pay.