Saturday, August 02, 2008

August and Everything After

Isn't that a Counting Crows album? I love Counting Crows.

This summer has been long and strange, and I was looking forward to the turn of the calendar, but August 1st started off a bit rocky. On my way to a chemistry test for which I was grieviously underprepared, my car abruptly clonked out of commission in the middle of an intersection. Four strangers stopped, during rush hour, to offer assistance, and my friend came with his Volvo to push me out of harm's way, so the actual breakdown ended up being sort of uplifting, in an all-people-don't-suck sort of way. Unfortunately, the estimate on the repair is about half of the car's actual value, which does suck, no matter how I look for silver linings. I made it to class only a few minutes late, while the professor was still reviewing. The test itself was insanely hard, causing one girl to leave the classroom in hysterics and one unfortunate 20 year old boy to weep quietly at his desk. I am perverse and kind of enjoyed the challenge of it, although my classmates didn't appreciate my enthusiasm during the postmortem. I hate having to wait until Monday for the grade.

After all that, the day improved dramatically. I had a nap, one of my favorite food groups, and then took the little monsters to the pool and saw a lot of friends. Then I got to dress up like a fancy girl and go out for a fancy dinner with some old and some new friends, and it was great fun. Then, best of all, we went dancing, which always makes me happy, even though I'm not a good dancer and it was like dancing in a sauna and my legs were already sore from a way-too-ambitious workout on Monday.

The new Twilight book is out today, and my mother is at the store getting it right now. That's my whole plan for the day, which is just fanfuckingtastic. Well, that and a nap, of course.

0 comments: