Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I still hate George Bush

I hate the sick feeling I get in my stomach and the tightness in my chest when I read stories like this about the refugee situation in Iraq. The feeling of helplessness and complicity, that our country has perpetrated this horror on these poor people who did nothing to us. It's amazing to me that we have managed to make Saddam Hussein's rule the stuff of nostalgia - it was actually better to live in Iraq with him in charge than it is now. Yes, he was a bad man, an awful dictator - but now there are millions of displaced, hopeless people and tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) dead and those who remain in Iraq must live in at least as much fear as they did under Saddam. How is this better? And of all the literally millions of refugees, how many have been allowed into the US? 700. Our government is like a little child who breaks something for the hell of it and refuses to clean up the mess, preferring instead to keep beating the shit out of the broken pieces.

But hey, at least George is keeping the world safe for unwanted embryos. Fucking moron.

(Note to the NSA/CIA/FBI/NBC - if you're reading this (and I'm sure you are), I promise I'm all talk. I will not take any action against the president other than continued wailing and gnashing his teeth. You may resume surveillance of (other) suspicious looking/sounding non-Christians.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our president is a coward of the lowest possible order. Brainless, heartless and blind to all possible human interests but his own. I thought your tag at the end warning Big Brother that you are all talk is silly but actually that is just the stupid thing they might be spending money on. Reading blogs of housewives with political interest and intellect.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.