Thursday, June 28, 2007

Funny things heard around my house today

My husband, to sobbing boy twin, after boy twin did a particularly clumsy move that resulted in a face plant: "I'm sorry, my dim bulb. We ran out of genes by the time we got to you."

The 3 year old, while playing a flute: "The music went that way and crashed against the wall."

The 6 year old, when confronted with evidence that someone broke into a verboten toy stash: "I don't even know how to use my brain any more" (he was referring to a time now past when he was convinced he could move things with his mind, but I like the more global applicability).

Me: "I think I want to go to medical school."

Oh, wait, that last one is real. Maybe. Who knows with me. I emailed a post-baccalaureate program today to clarify some things, and I'm having lunch next week with the kids' pediatrician and will grill her about med school. I'm not sure I'd want to be a practicing physician (because I kind of hate people), but there are lots of things one can do with an MD, right? Work on drug development? Lobby for health care reform? Give controlled substance prescriptions for Christmas presents?

5 comments:

cole edwards said...

Um, I hate to break it to you but you will spend a lot more time elbows up in shit and other really gross things about people.

I think you should be the other kind of Dr. the Ph.D kind. Also, you will NEVER sleep again, for like 8 years?

BUT, if this is what you want....I believe you can do it I am just reminding you of not only the people part but also of the gross things they do part. And then you have to touch it.

Anonymous said...

If you go to med school, you will be too busy to start a business with me.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean I can soon give up my health care benefits for which I pay so dearly?

Does that also mean you will cure whatever ails your M-I-L?

Anonymous said...

Well first I have to ask if you know how many legs humans have, as I had faith in your ability to build your own table.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm a psychologist and I don't really like people so how's that for a great career choice?