Monday, March 12, 2007

So much for spring killing pestilence

I'm enjoying the warmer temperatures, but so far the much-anticipated death of plague has not materialized. My mother has a sinus infection so severe she's actually going to the doctor (this is nearly unprecedented, she's very opposed to anything less than 100% self-sufficiency and is, what's the word? STUBBORN), my 5 year old has scarlet fever (scarlet fever is such a romantic sounding name, and so old-fashioned, I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder) and a double ear infection, and - oh, there's no and. The rest of us are still incubating, I guess. I assume our turns are coming. This just in - my husband feels like he's getting a cold. And is supposed to start at his new job any day now. Damn the plague!

Oh, and our van, after 2 service dates last week and $1000 out of pocket, now stalls when you stop at lights or turn corners. Fun!

In other news, my daughter has learned to crawl, which has greatly reduced the number of words I can write without having to get up and rescue the electronics or the cat from her clutches. She got a tooth, too. She's so fancy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry.

Jeff said...

I'm sick as a dog after playing with that boy beast of yours. Luckily adults can't get scarlet fever (supposedly)!