Thursday, March 01, 2007

I like bacon

For hormonal reasons, the details of which I will spare you all (I'm not pregnant, I assure you), I am more than usually jonesing for fat and grease. I really wish I had some bacon right now.

In other, unrelated news, breastfeeding the twins is really starting to wear on my nerves. Especially (and this should come as no surprise) in the dead of night, when I am once again sitting in the babies' dark, boring room with nothing to do except try not to fall asleep and drool on whichever twin is taking its turn to torture me.

Last night, while I was trying to cling to consciousness long enough to shed my offspring and return to bed, my wandering mind wandered back to my own goofiness as a kid. I remembered thinking that the following things were new - to the world - the year that I was seven:

1) The color purple (not the book, not the movie - the actual color)
2) Plastic

I don't know how old I was when I realized that both of these amazing discoveries predated my own brief existence, but I think I was in my teens. I'm a bright bulb.


(household items made of plastic, per the wonder of wikipedia)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CRISPY BACON! It is one of my weaknesses. No hormones involved.