Monday, January 04, 2010

Absence Really Does Make the Heart Grow Fonder

I have never been happier to say goodbye to my kids than I was this morning when I dropped them off at school.  It's been 17 days of snow and sniffles and too much sugar and not enough listening and way way too much fighting.  I came home and lazed decadently around the house.  Paid some bills, took a nap, curled up with several blankets since my ancient house lets in more air than a tent.  It was slightly-boring heaven.  The big surprise was that when the kids came home, only a few hours later, I was absolutely delighted to see them.  It was straight out of an airport scene from Love, Actually.  I felt like it had been years.  They really are amazing little people.  I guess I just haven't had enough distance to see it clearly for a while.

0 comments: