Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I am officially lactose free, and other news

While talking to my husband last night, I realized that I've had quite a few personal milestones this past week. I knew I'd been busy, but it's nice to look back and see that all that busyness actually led to some accomplishments. In bullet form, because I'm too lazy to really write:

  • I weaned the twins. This is huge. It went pretty smoothly, and they don't seem to miss it too much, other than a little extra whining in the morning, and I feel unchained. Yay to not being a dairy! I can't believe I made it almost two years.
  • I ran 20 minutes, in a row. I don't think I've ever even come close to that, even when I was a kid. I am just amazed by the couch-to-5k-program - I just finished week 5 (of 9), and I've gone from almost stroking out during 1 minute intervals to not struggling that hard at 20 minutes. Who knew I had it in me? Now, if I just stopped eating constantly, maybe I'd see some results...
  • I finished teaching, forever. This semester was a bit of a struggle, and it's a huge weight off to be done. Done done done!
  • I finished my first semester back in school. I got an A in chemistry, and I have my fingers crossed that I'll have an A in physics, too, if my professor ever posts my grade. In the meantime, I'll just keep checking every half hour. Somehow, the dream of med school seems much more attainable now that I've finished the first step, however small.
  • I got a summer job, just like a real college kid - I'm going to be doing research with my physics professor, poking fungi w/sharp sticks and looking at their individual atoms under a super-cool space age atomic force microscope. AND I'll get to publish about it. AND I get paid. It's awesome.

Best of all, I have this week almost entirely free of responsibility. I'm done with school and not yet starting work. The weather is a bit dreary, but who wants to be outside anyway? I'm wallowing in lazy mornings and late showers and trips to Target with my husband.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading all of that. Yeah you!

MamaNiger said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hey...you got an A in physics. Update for the masses. YAY!
x