Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye, 2007

2007 is ending with a whine for me, instead of a bang or a whimper. Well, there may be a little whimpering. I have seamlessly (though not soundlessly) transitioned from fever and mucus to fever and stomach cramps (with some residual mucus), all compounded by a hellish visit from, how shall I put this, (cover your eyes, father-in-law) my monthly visitor. God help everyone who comes in contact with me, I am a whiny bitchy nightmare.

I'm very much looking forward to 2008, though, and not just because my stomach has to settle down at some point in the next 365 days. This will be the first year of my life that I've entered with a firm sense of purpose regarding career direction. My children are all well and mostly happy, my husband is lovely, my mother enables me in a wonderful way, I have amazing friends, and I have freedom of choice in just about everything I do, which I recognize as a very rare gift. Combine being able to do just about whatever I want and actually knowing what that is, and I'm a very lucky girl.

And, since I'm silver-lining-mining, this stomach bug is launching my annual effort to stop resembling a marine mammal nicely. I ought to shed those 5 holiday pounds in no time.

0 comments: