Friday, December 28, 2007

Sure is quiet around here

And I'm not even just talking about the deafening silence of my blog. My love and nemesis, the six year old, is off on a 4 day jaunt to the beach with his stepsiblings and their family. It is simply amazing how much easier my little three are to watch without the human noise egging them on to shrieks and stupidity, and how much less is the ringing in my ears without his incessant tonsil-less drone. What really is surprising, though, is how much I miss the little bugger. The vacancy he leaves is as large as you'd imagine, but more poignant than I predicted. I hope he's doing okay. Brave little toaster.

In other news, our Christmas was good. I remember how pointless and brief Christmas seemed to me during the years between childhood and childbearing. Christmas with my herd of monkeys is joy and chaos, the constant frenetic effort of weeks paying off in 30 minutes of flying paper and shrill happy voices. I caught my husband's cold just as I finished the last absolutely necessary task of holiday preparation and collapsed happily enough into my fever and mucus, grateful even through my whining that it hadn't hit me even a day earlier.

I leave you all with the Christmas picture I never got around to making into cards this year. Better late than never, right?


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.